Don't be a Pawn, be King with Content
All business owners would like to find a cost-effective way to advertise on the Internet.
If social media is queen, then content really is king. Social Media, like Facebook and Twitter, are ways to share media online. But in order to share that media, you will need some really good content. This will not only attract the search engines like Google but it will also attract your audience. In order to grow your business in 2015, you must start by investing in a marketing strategy such as content marketing. Content marketing is one of the many marketing tools to use for your campaign but it is the most important one. What is content marketing? It is a marketing approach that focuses on the sharing of media. Content Marketing includes publishing content and then sharing it, whether it is from your blog, article or website.
Content Marketing for your small business
So how can you share content?
Whatever your source is, blog site, article site or website, you can share it as a link on social media such as Twitter or Facebook. You can also post your link on LinkedIn if you have a LinkedIn Business Page and account set up. You can post it on a link in your e-signature as well. This will get the untapped audience from your email list. It is important to know your content well and it is also important that you have fresh content, not copied from other sites. Put the content in your own words, jazz it up a bit and in your own unique way.
Here are some Content Marketing Tips to help your small business:
- * Posting images alongside your content helps as a content marketing strategy as well.
- * Set up a Google Analytics account to track site analytics.
- * Use Copyscape software tool. Copyscape www.copyscape.com is a free plagiarism checker that lets you detect duplicate content and also checks if your articles are original.
- * Keyword Tools - You can use a keyword tool to discover related keywords that you can incorporate into your content. Here are some tools: Wordtracker http://www.wordtracker.com or Google Keyword Tool https://adwords.google.ca/KeywordPlanner
- * Remember that content is number one and that Google loves fresh content!
- * Last but not least, have fun doing it!!!